Hiring a professional web developer that uses wordpress is like a driving a Ferrari compared to a Toyota Hybrid. Do you want to impress, drive more traffic and make more money? Here are some advantages and disadvantages of this method:
– WordPress has over 30,000 themes and more than 45,000 plugins to choose from which makes anything possible on your website! There are no limitations!
– Advanced SEO options
– eCommerce functionality and customisation.
– Great for blogs and forums
– Low cost for the long term.
– High learning curve (Make sure you hire a developer that knows what they are doing).
– Lots of updates
– Vulnerability if not set up properly.
Squarespace, Wix and Shopify are for people that want to build websites for themselves. These platforms have created a way for a regular person to easily make something on their own. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of using these services:
– Lower upfront cost.
– Easy drag and drop editor.
– Themes and designs that work smoothly.
– No need to worry about technicallities.
– Ecommerce functionality
– Great customer support
– Limited functionality with no options for third party themes or plugins.
– Expensive plans that add up.
– Limited SEO options.
– Having a limited understanding of web design and SEO which can be limiting to your business.